When choosing a trainer you want to be assured that they are the right fit for you and your dog.
As the Dog Training field is always evolving, it is really important for me to keep my skills topped up and fitting to the current times. We are a little different from traditional trainers, we work alongside Absolute Dogs to bring you current, up to date Reward based training using games! Our aim is to transform the relationship you have with your dog through understanding their personal needs and playing the games which are right for them to take your training down the path of success!
Below you will find a brief outline of my background and qualifications.
I left school and attended Broomfield College to study animal care. I then went on to pursue qualifications in Counselling and Psychotherapy. After having my children and spending more and more time with dogs daily I realised I would like a career working with them and retrained undertaking many courses and qualifications in Canine Behavior.
I have attended numerous workshops and training courses, you can find a list at the bottom of this page for your reference.I am constantly studying further qualifications and attending workshops so the list will be updated as times goes on.
I volunteered as a Dog walker at a local Animal Rescue center for a number of years, where along with walking the dogs I also did some basic training with them to get them ready for their new homes. I am used to working with a variety of breeds, sizes and temperaments.
After training my own dogs in agility for some time I then decided to gain my qualifications for teaching agility and did this through Kim Hunt’s Training for Trainers courses. I also gained practical teaching experience by helping out and teaching at Kim’s classes before starting up my own training school. I currently compete with both my dogs Milo and Flash.
I train with a number of top agility trainers, some of whom represent and have competed for team GB!
I attend numerous workshops to keep my skills current and up to date with the new teaching methods and I’m always looking to expand my training knowledge in a variety of areas.
I have a weekly one to one training session with Georgina Baker and also attend her group training sessions weekly with both my dogs.
I attend monthly training workshops with Nic Jones from One Mind Dogs.
I have daily online training from a number of top dog trainers in a variety of areas; agility, obedience, focus, calmness, distance handling, relationship building. (see below for more details)
I am currently furthering my training working on a variety of subjects with my business mentors Lauren Langman and Tom Mitchell on their programs, both Lauren and Tom are highly renowned in the dog training field and are the founders of Absolute Dogs and Devon Dogs where I attend several of their training camps and workshops.
I am an Approved Instructor with the Dog Training College where I am undertaking new courses and qualifications with them weekly.
I have successfully completed their Pro Dog Trainer Course, SiT course, the Naughty but Nice program, Scent and many more! I also attend several of their training development days in Devon each year.
Here is my Diploma assessment form , where I received the highest level, a Distinction:
I have achieved 100% in Canine First Aid and CPR:I also have the required Health and Safety First Aid at work qualification:Kennel Club Sustainable Canine Seminar.
Practical Dog Training Undertaken with my own Dogs:
- Agility Training days with Toni Dawkins.
- Absolute Dogs Training Camps.
- Pro Trainer Development Days with Absolute Dogs.
- Interactive Play Workshop with Craig Ogilvie.
- Weekly Agility one to one and group coaching with Georgina Baker.
- Agility Workshops with Selena Bray.
- Agility Workshops with Nicola Wildman.
- Agility workshops with Laura Chudleigh.
- Agility workshops with Daniel Hodson.
- Agility Workshops with Nic Jones of One Mind Dogs.
- Online training on specific Agility areas such as weaves, jump grid games, distance handling, foundation skills and trouble shooting with Selena Bray.
- Online Agility training courses with Toni Dawkins.
- Agility Workshops and Training weekends with Shaun Hunt and Amy Lawson.
- Online training with Absolute Dogs.
- Online training with Laura Chudleigh.
- Puppy class Alfreton Park with Judith Powell, working on focus, recall, walking to heel, leave it, waits and other exercises in a distracting outside environment.
- Pre-Agility with Amanda Yoxall / Kim Hunt
- Agility Classes with Amanda Yoxall / Kim Hunt
- Puppy Class Belper with Kim Hunt working in a inside environment on focus work, working to heel, recall, leave it, waits, and other exercises.
- Click and Trick Training with Kim Hunt
- Rally Training with Kim Hunt
- Sniffer Workshop with Kim Hunt
Other Training :
- Centre of Excellence – Diploma in Canine Behaviour Training.
- Canine First Aid.
- Numerous courses with the Dog Training College (please see certificates)
- Dog Walking Training – involving dog behaviour, dog walking information, health and safety etc. Ashbourne Animal Welfare – Induction Training involving procedures, health and safety, dog training, practical training on how to walk and train the dogs / behaviour etc
- Amber Dog Assessment – relevant training to be able to walk and train the more challenging dogs.
I am currently studying further canine Diplomas and I am booked in to numerous workshops and training courses in the upcoming months. It is important to update my skills on a regular basis and keep my training up to date and fitting with the current times.